Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > How to get Mozilla to "remember" all URLs for auto-complete

How to get Mozilla to "remember" all URLs for auto-complete

Jim

I recently switched from Firefox to Mozilla. Whereas ALL entries in
the Firefox history were available to pop up for autocomplete, Mozilla
seems to be more erratic. In general, it only seems to offer the root
URL, ie everything up to any slashes. This would be the case if the
first site I went to was the root URL and navigated within the site
from there. There seem to be a few exceptions, but no pattern. In
some cases, if I load a site from my bookmarks, it doesn't remember it
at all.

The question: Is there something I need to set to have "auto complete"
offer all the various extentions I have visited on a particular web
site.

TIA Jim

Old Gringo

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:09:51 -0500, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without
Any Hesitation Jim Wrote The Following:

> I recently switched from Firefox to Mozilla. Whereas ALL entries in
> the Firefox history were available to pop up for autocomplete, Mozilla
> seems to be more erratic. In general, it only seems to offer the root
> URL, ie everything up to any slashes. This would be the case if the
> first site I went to was the root URL and navigated within the site
> from there. There seem to be a few exceptions, but no pattern. In
> some cases, if I load a site from my bookmarks, it doesn't remember it
> at all.
>
> The question: Is there something I need to set to have "auto complete"
> offer all the various extentions I have visited on a particular web
> site.
>
> TIA Jim

Maybe some info here:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ml/autocomplete/