Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FasterFox v0.7.3

FasterFox v0.7.3

Old Gringo

I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.

* Prefetch Links
Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently

* Tweak Network
Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
cache, and initial paint delay.

* Block Popups
A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
included.

* Page Load Timer New!
A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
of your settings.

http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
should get it for you.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

Old Gringo

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:

> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>
> * Prefetch Links
> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>
> * Tweak Network
> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
> cache, and initial paint delay.
>
> * Block Popups
> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
> included.
>
> * Page Load Timer New!
> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
> of your settings.
>
> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
> should get it for you.

sorry downloads link no good.

--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/7/05 10:47:57 PM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

gwtc

Old Gringo wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
> Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
>

>>I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
>>uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
>>install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
>>Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>>
>> * Prefetch Links
>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
>>prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>>
>> * Tweak Network
>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
>>settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
>>cache, and initial paint delay.
>>
>> * Block Popups
>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
>>included.
>>
>> * Page Load Timer New!
>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
>>of your settings.
>>
>>http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
>>should get it for you.

> sorry downloads link no good.

it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

Wayne

gwtc wrote:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
>> Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
>>

>>> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
>>> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
>>> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
>>> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>>>
>>> * Prefetch Links
>>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
>>> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>>> * Tweak Network
>>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
>>> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
>>> cache, and initial paint delay.
>>> * Block Popups
>>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
>>> included.
>>> * Page Load Timer New!
>>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
>>> of your settings.
>>>
>>> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
>>> should get it for you.

>> sorry downloads link no good.
>>

> it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
> http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

How do you uninstall this? I can't find it?
Thanks

Wayne

Wayne wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> Old Gringo wrote:

>>> sorry downloads link no good.
>>>

>> it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
>> http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

> How do you uninstall this? I can't find it?
> Thanks

Sorry, I found it.
Thanks

Jim Scott

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:

> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>
> * Prefetch Links
> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>
> * Tweak Network
> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
> cache, and initial paint delay.
>
> * Block Popups
> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
> included.
>
> * Page Load Timer New!
> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
> of your settings.
>
> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
> should get it for you.

How does this compare to Firetune?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Old Gringo

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:29:38 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without
Any Hesitation gwtc Wrote The Following:

> Old Gringo wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
>> Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
>>

>>>I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
>>>uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
>>>install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
>>>Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>>>
>>> * Prefetch Links
>>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
>>>prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>>>
>>> * Tweak Network
>>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
>>>settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
>>>cache, and initial paint delay.
>>>
>>> * Block Popups
>>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
>>>included.
>>>
>>> * Page Load Timer New!
>>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
>>>of your settings.
>>>
>>>http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
>>>should get it for you.

>> sorry downloads link no good.
>>

> it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
> http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

It did work, just rushed it a bit.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/8/05 9:28:49 AM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com

Old Gringo

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:28:24 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
Hesitation Jim Scott Wrote The Following:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:
>
>> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
>> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
>> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
>> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>>
>> * Prefetch Links
>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
>> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>>
>> * Tweak Network
>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
>> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
>> cache, and initial paint delay.
>>
>> * Block Popups
>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
>> included.
>>
>> * Page Load Timer New!
>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
>> of your settings.
>>
>> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
>> should get it for you.

> How does this compare to Firetune?

Never did a comparison. Prior to this I used TweakNetwork. Like
FasterFox better. I guess all of the extensions and themes are of
personal choice. Some do and some don't.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/8/05 10:05:14 AM

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:07:18 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:28:24 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
> Hesitation Jim Scott Wrote The Following:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:
>>
>>> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
>>> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
>>> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
>>> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
>>>
>>> * Prefetch Links
>>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
>>> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
>>>
>>> * Tweak Network
>>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
>>> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
>>> cache, and initial paint delay.
>>>
>>> * Block Popups
>>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
>>> included.
>>>
>>> * Page Load Timer New!
>>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
>>> of your settings.
>>>
>>> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfo...x-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
>>> should get it for you.

>> How does this compare to Firetune?

> Never did a comparison. Prior to this I used TweakNetwork. Like
> FasterFox better. I guess all of the extensions and themes are of
> personal choice. Some do and some don't.

Is fasterfox an extension then?
Firetune is a stand alone program.
--
Jim