Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > html format

html format

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> What are you saying? follow the thread and do not pretend to understand
> all the problem with only one post!
>
> Why Do I have to send to you an email? I've said that my problem is:
>
> Thunderbird is not able to send ALWAYS mail in HTML format! As I said
> in the former mail I've set all the options in a correct way -so I
> think-. Then I think that this is a bug of thunderbird..
>
> Leonidas Jones ha scritto:
>> Send me an html email.

I'll be happy to try to help you, or I will be equally happy to ignore
you, your choice.

My request for you to compose an html email and send it to (my reply
address here is a valid address), was so that I can see what appears on
the other end when you send.

I do look at hundreds of help requests in a day. My request for you to
quote at least some relevant text was intended to give your reply
context, so I would know to what I was answering. Without that, rather
then hunt through and reread the rest of the thread, post by post, I
will probably go on to someone else's problem.

f you would like me to help, I am still willing to give it freely, if
you would rather not, I wish you the best of luck in solving your problem.

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

Ok, the mail is arriving. 'bye.

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> Ok, the mail is arriving. 'bye.

Mail received, and in HTML format. Did you have to force it send in
html, through Options>>Format in the Compose window, or did this one
just send.

I never compose in HTML, but I will try sending you a reply in HTML.

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

I think I've found the problem. All my contacts have the options in the
address book of the PLAIN TEXT. have you have an idea of how can I
change all that values?

Thank you for helping.
'bye

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> I think I've found the problem. All my contacts have the options in the
> address book of the PLAIN TEXT. have you have an idea of how can I
> change all that values?
>
> Thank you for helping.
> 'bye

On the address book card for each entry in the addressbook, on the
Contact tab, in the Internet settings, you will find a dropdown for
Prefers to receive messages as. You can change the settings there.

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

For each entry? :-0

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> For each entry? :-0

I don't know of an easier way.

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

ok, thanks anyway

Michael

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
>
>> For each entry? :-0
>>

> I don't know of an easier way.
>
> Lee

Ricercatore,

In any of these Mozilla news groups you will find a whole world of
knowledgeable members who are more than willing to share their
knowledge, skills, and abilities free of charge. The secret to getting
all this free support is the approach to asking for support and the
willingness to provide additional information when asked. Respect and
politeness will carry you that extra mile in your search for information.

The simple answer to your question above is yes.

Consider for a moment the millions of other users of the Mozilla
products, they may have professional and personal contacts which may
require Plain Text Messaging only and some that request HTML Messaging.
Some professional users may need to create a list of Plain Text
messages, and a list of HTML messages for news letters, this is bowing
to the wishes of the recipient.

The simplest way to meet everyones request in messaging is to make an
option in the address book for each entry; plain text, HTML, or unknown.

Michael Gordon

RicercatoreSbadato

...but it would be good if I could change the option NOT for each entry
but for a list of entry (quicker).