Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > html format

html format

RicercatoreSbadato

I use Thunderbird 1.0.7 under WinXP. I've made my html signature. I've
properly configured the "send options".. but when I send an email
thunderbird uses the PLAIN TEXT FORMAT...

I know this was a former bug... but now ???

Pete

"RicercatoreSbadato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I use Thunderbird 1.0.7 under WinXP. I've made my html signature. I've
> properly configured the "send options".. but when I send an email
> thunderbird uses the PLAIN TEXT FORMAT...
>
> I know this was a former bug... but now ???

Good luck...in my opinion, TB is not user friendly, and way over
complicated.

RicercatoreSbadato

But I think there are some bugs..

Arne

Once upon a time *RicercatoreSbadato* wrote:
> But I think there are some bugs..

Where? If you are responding to a post, then please quote what you are
responding to! Hint: see link in my sig

--
/Arne
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> I use Thunderbird 1.0.7 under WinXP. I've made my html signature. I've
> properly configured the "send options".. but when I send an email
> thunderbird uses the PLAIN TEXT FORMAT...
>
> I know this was a former bug... but now ???

You say you have "properly configured the send options". Could you tell
us exactly how you have configured them, just so we can check?

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

these are the setings:

account settings > properties > compositions > compose messages in HTML
format

options > composition > send options > send the message in html anyway

Leonidas Jones

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> these are the setings:
>
> account settings > properties > compositions > compose messages in HTML
> format
>
> options > composition > send options > send the message in html anyway

Please quote relevant text when replying. I look at hundreds of help
requests in a day, and I lose track of the problem being discussed.

Send me an html email.

Lee

RicercatoreSbadato

What are you saying? follow the thread and do not pretend to understand
all the problem with only one post!

Why Do I have to send to you an email? I've said that my problem is:

Thunderbird is not able to send ALWAYS mail in HTML format! As I said
in the former mail I've set all the options in a correct way -so I
think-. Then I think that this is a bug of thunderbird..

Leonidas Jones ha scritto:
> Send me an html email.

Pete

RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
> What are you saying? follow the thread and do not pretend to
> understand all the problem with only one post!

Ricercatore...I understood what you were saying fine (it was very clear -
Lee asked for your settings and you gave them to him, but snipped the
previous text). I believe Lee works mainly in the netscape.mozilla ngs, and
they have strict rules in there about not snipping text (along with other
rules), so they can track the thread (and it gets a hundred miles long ).
Like I said in my first response: "Good luck...in my opinion, TB is not user
friendly, and way over complicated"...Take care

PS - Lee is a very smart person, and is a nice guy, and patient - I don't
think he meant any malice. You may want to e-mail him, or reply again (but
don't snip <g>). But how were you to know that...Pete

> Why Do I have to send to you an email? I've said that my problem is:
>
> Thunderbird is not able to send ALWAYS mail in HTML format! As I said
> in the former mail I've set all the options in a correct way -so I
> think-. Then I think that this is a bug of thunderbird..
>
> Leonidas Jones ha scritto:
>> Send me an html email.

gwtc

Pete wrote:

> RicercatoreSbadato wrote:
>
>>What are you saying? follow the thread and do not pretend to
>>understand all the problem with only one post!

> Ricercatore...I understood what you were saying fine (it was very clear -
> Lee asked for your settings and you gave them to him, but snipped the
> previous text). I believe Lee works mainly in the netscape.mozilla ngs, and
> they have strict rules in there about not snipping text (along with other
> rules), so they can track the thread (and it gets a hundred miles long ).
> Like I said in my first response: "Good luck...in my opinion, TB is not user
> friendly, and way over complicated"...Take care
>
> PS - Lee is a very smart person, and is a nice guy, and patient - I don't
> think he meant any malice. You may want to e-mail him, or reply again (but
> don't snip <g>). But how were you to know that...Pete

You can find out more about Lee and the other Champs here:
http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/members.html