Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > passwords

passwords

wicked

Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
passwords still work.

Leonidas Jones

wicked wrote:
> Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
> I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
> manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
> would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
> passwords still work.

Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
site/account, remove it and try again.

Lee

wicked

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> wicked wrote:
>
>> Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
>> I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
>> manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
>> would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
>> passwords still work.

> Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
> site/account, remove it and try again.
>
> Lee

Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

Moz Champion

wicked wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> wicked wrote:
>>
>>> Firefox 1.0.7 Windows XP SP2
>>> I changed the password on a site so I deleted the old pw from the pw
>>> manager. How do I get TB to save the new logon and pw? I figured TB
>>> would ask if I want to save the pw but it doesn't. All the other
>>> passwords still work.

>> Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
>> site/account, remove it and try again.
>>
>> Lee

> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

Go to the page/site
If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

wicked

Moz Champion wrote:
> wicked wrote:

>>> Check under Passwords never saved. If there is an entry for the
>>> site/account, remove it and try again.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

> Go to the page/site
> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
like it used to.

Hendrik Maryns

wicked schreef:
> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> wicked wrote:

>>> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

>> Go to the page/site
>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
> like it used to.

There is probably a trace or it left in the signons.txt file. Take a
backup of it, then delete the part which corresponds to the problematic
website from the file, then try again. Do this while FF and TB are NOT
running.

H.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

Moz Champion

wicked wrote:
> Moz Champion wrote:
>
>> wicked wrote:

>>> Nothing in the never save part. Still doesn't ask to save password.

>> Go to the page/site
>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to save
> like it used to.

Because you have already told it to remember it

Go to the site
IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
go to another site
go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

Moz Champion

Moz Champion wrote:
> wicked wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion wrote:

>>> Go to the page/site
>>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
>>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

>> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
>> save like it used to.

> Because you have already told it to remember it
>
> Go to the site
> IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
> go to another site
> go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

Oh yes, and btw, Please do NOT email me as well as post to the newsgroup

Especially if you use an address that doesnt resolve!

wicked

Moz Champion wrote:

> Oh yes, and btw, Please do NOT email me as well as post to the newsgroup
>
> Especially if you use an address that doesnt resolve!

Sorry. My bad.

wicked

Moz Champion wrote:
> wicked wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion wrote:

>>> Go to the page/site
>>> If the password fails you will be notified (by a popup) and given the
>>> opportunity to change it (Check the Remember box)

>> When I enter a password, even a wrong one, Firebird does not ask to
>> save like it used to.

> Because you have already told it to remember it
>
> Go to the site
> IF you get a failure, re-enter the NEW password when asked
> go to another site
> go back, and you should get right back in, with no failure

OK. Maybe I'm not understanding. I used to, until a day or so ago, go to
the site, click on the username box and the username and password would
automatically enter into the appropriate boxes. I had the password
changed, deleted the old password from the saved password manager and
now it refuses to remember the new password. I remember the first time I
entered the site, many months ago, I entered the username and the pw and
I got a dialogue box asking if I wanted to save the password. I clicked
yes. After that the username and pw was automatically entered on
clicking on the empty username box. This doesn't occur anymore. The
saved pw does work on the other sites that are saved. I just can't get
the password manager to save the info for this one site since I changed
the pw. Also, the "passwords never saved" box is empty.
Thanks.