Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Regarding a "no menuitem" alert !

Regarding a "no menuitem" alert !

Lee

Any tips? I keep getting this after reinstalling flash and shockwave
had a problem and had to delete mozilla 1.7.12 and reinstall everything
as my system restore never seems to work.

I am assuming of course the best thing to do would be to start from
scratch and just format and reinstall from the beginning again. any
comments?

Thanks

Lee

Ed Mullen

Lee wrote:

> Any tips? I keep getting this after reinstalling flash and shockwave
> had a problem and had to delete mozilla 1.7.12 and reinstall everything
> as my system restore never seems to work.
>
> I am assuming of course the best thing to do would be to start from
> scratch and just format and reinstall from the beginning again. any
> comments?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee

Before you do anything drastic like reformatting and reinstalling there
are some simple things you can do.

It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
(except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If so,
you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into the
plugins folder.

Let us know if you need more info/help to do this.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Lee

Ed Mullen wrote:

> It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
> (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
> new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If so,
> you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into the
> plugins folder.

Hi Ed

You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the only
thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the old
profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my bacon
again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have guys
like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.

Lee

gwtc

Lee wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>
>> It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
>> (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
>> new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If
>> so, you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup into
>> the plugins folder.

> Hi Ed
>
> You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
> on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
> profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the only
> thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the old
> profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my bacon
> again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have guys
> like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.
>
> Lee

close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one.
This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.

But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.

Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.

Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
and npqtplugin7.dll

Well, thats about all I can tell you.

Lee

gwtc wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds like a plugin problem. I would first move all the plugins
>>> (except the default npnul32.dll) to a backup location. Then create a
>>> new profile and test with that to see if the problem goes away. If
>>> so, you can then migrate (one by one) the plugins from the backup
>>> into the plugins folder.

>> Hi Ed
>>
>> You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said and
>> on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made a new
>> profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now the
>> only thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to the
>> old profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved my
>> bacon again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we have
>> guys like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to help.
>>
>> Lee

> close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
> one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
> and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one. This
> is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
>
> But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
> copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
> NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
> NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.
>
> Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
>
> Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
> npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll, and
> npqtplugin7.dll
>
> Well, thats about all I can tell you.

Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.

Lee

Ed Mullen

Lee wrote:
> gwtc wrote:

>>> Hi Ed
>>>
>>> You saved me from doing a Format and Reinstall. I did as you said
>>> and on the Mosilla I had moved the plugins to a new folder and made
>>> a new profile (after removing the plugins) it worked perfectly. Now
>>> the only thing that was not clear to me was to migrate the plugins to
>>> the old profile or the new one(Mozilla)? Other than that you saved
>>> my bacon again! Thanks very much! It is much appreciated. Glad we
>>> have guys like you who seem to have so much knowledge and willing to
>>> help.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the new
>> one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen Moz
>> and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next one.
>> This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
>>
>> But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
>> copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll, NPJava13.dll,
>> NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll, NPJPI142_08.dll, and
>> NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life there easier.
>>
>> Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
>>
>> Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
>> npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
>> and npqtplugin7.dll
>>
>> Well, thats about all I can tell you.

> Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.
>
> Lee

Glad you got the help you needed. Hey, as someone once said: We're all
bozos on this bus!"

(Mmm. As I think about it, dating myself, I think that was Firesign
Theater circa 1972. Ewwww! Damn, I don't even wanna think about how old
that makes me!)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Stubby

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Lee wrote:
>
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> close Moz, and just copy the plugins from the old directory to the
>>> new one. As Ed said, do it one at a time. When you copy one, reopen
>>> Moz and see what happens. If nothing, close it then try the next
>>> one. This is going to be a pain, especially if you have lots of them.
>>>
>>> But, if you have java, then theres about 7 or 8 of them that you can
>>> copy over at once. They are NPJava11.dll, NPJava12.dll,
>>> NPJava13.dll, NPJava14.dll, NPJava32.dll, NPJPI142_05.dll,
>>> NPJPI142_08.dll, and NPJPI150_04.dll. So that should make your life
>>> there easier.
>>>
>>> Another group is the RealPlayer: nppl3260.dll, and nprpjplug.dll.
>>>
>>> Another group is QuickTime: npqtplugin.dll, npqtplugin2.dll,
>>> npqtplugin3.dll, npqtplugin4.dll, npqtplugin5.dll, npqtplugin6.dll,
>>> and npqtplugin7.dll
>>>
>>> Well, thats about all I can tell you.

>> Thanks for your comments. Appreciate the help, it is up and running.
>>
>> Lee

> Glad you got the help you needed. Hey, as someone once said: We're all
> bozos on this bus!"
>
> (Mmm. As I think about it, dating myself, I think that was Firesign
> Theater circa 1972. Ewwww! Damn, I don't even wanna think about how old
> that makes me!)

I remember that and the reference to "SYSTAT" which came from Firesign
Theater having seen a DEC PDP-10 display!

Alert..General Alert?..New Discovery?. =?Utf-8?B?U3BhbW1lcipLaWxsZXI=?= Wireless Networking 0 07-24-2007 03:36 PM
on click in popup window throws alert : need to avoid alert of postdata Ganesh ASP .Net 0 06-29-2007 06:51 AM
How to create a form Alert - Not using Alert Boxes Mersh Java 0 03-13-2007 04:14 PM
NO DATA alert Douglas Firefox 6 09-02-2004 12:19 AM
ALERT: Virus Scam Alert! Toronto Garage Door Company Computer Support 1 11-18-2003 04:16 PM

Advertisments