Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Viewing BBC video with Mozilla

Viewing BBC video with Mozilla

Broadback

I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
Thanks

gwtc

Broadback wrote:

> I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
> the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
> there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
> Thanks

you may find what you need by browsing around here:
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html

Arne

Once upon a time *Broadback* wrote:

> I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
> the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
> there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
> Thanks

At least on my RealPlayer I can resize the display to full screen
("view" in RP toolbar), if I like to. Of course the resolution used
when the video is made can in many cases be to low to give an
acceptable quality on full screen.

--
/Arne
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

Paul

Broadback wrote:
> I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
> the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
> there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
> Thanks

You could try lowering the resolution of your monitor as well (right
click on the desktop and chose properties and you can do it there) that
will make the image appear bigger.

David Harrison

On 10/5/2005 5:48 PM, Broadback said:
> I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
> the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
> there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
> Thanks

Here's a screenshot of a standard BBC video popup:

http://www.olansa.co.uk/sturf/screencap.jpg

Apart from the row of buttons just under the video image (Normal
Video&Text, Normal Video Only, Double Video Only, Full Size Video Only),
which ought to affect the player size, you can also right-click on the
video image itself to bring up a context menu. Select "Play in
RealPlayer" to view in the standalone RealPlayer app. Works fine here
(Win2K, Firefox 1.0.7)

There's also a link at the bottom left of the window called "Change how
I see this", which IIRC allows you to change the cookie settings and
select (ugh) Windows Media Player etc.

Hope this helps,

David H