Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird vs OE?

Thunderbird vs OE?

Keith

All:
On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?

Keith

Old Gringo

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:26:14 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
Hesitation Keith Wrote The Following:

> All:
> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>
> Keith

You may want to read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/spec...tachments.html
You may have to use a word processor such as MS Word or OpenOffice
and then send as email. Good Luck.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

Ed Mullen

Keith wrote:
> All:
> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>
> Keith

I believe the only way is to copy/paste the text which certainly works.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Doug G

Keith wrote:
> All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
> the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
> possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>
> Keith

When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
Attach button did the same thing.

OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.

Vernon

Keith wrote:
> All:
> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>
> Keith

copy / paste

Attach means attach not insert or paste.

gwtc

Vernon wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>
>> All:
>> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the
>> text area of your new letter by using the
>> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>>
>> Keith

> copy / paste
>
> Attach means attach not insert or paste.

I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

Hendrik Maryns

Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 4/10/2005 20:07:
> Keith wrote:
>
>> All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
>> the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
>> possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>>
>> Keith

> When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
> Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
> Attach button did the same thing.
>
> OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
> being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.

If you attach a text file, the receiver will see it appended to your
message after a horizontal line, at least in TB, and in most other
mailreaders, if I'm right.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

Keith

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Vernon wrote:
>> Keith wrote:
>>
>>> All:
>>> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the
>>> text area of your new letter by using the
>>> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>>>
>>> Keith

>> copy / paste
>>
>> Attach means attach not insert or paste.

>I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

All:
Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird developers will put that in as a feature in the next
version?

Keith

Vernon

Keith wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Vernon wrote:

>>>copy / paste
>>>
>>>Attach means attach not insert or paste.

>>I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

> All:
> Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird developers will put that in as a feature in the next
> version?
>
> Keith

It's already there.

Paste can be regular paste or paste with quotes.

Doug G

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 4/10/2005 20:07:
>> Keith wrote:
>>
>>> All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
>>> the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
>>> possible somehow in Thunderbird?
>>>
>>> Keith

>> When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
>> Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
>> Attach button did the same thing.
>>
>> OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
>> being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.

> If you attach a text file, the receiver will see it appended to your
> message after a horizontal line, at least in TB, and in most other
> mailreaders, if I'm right.

OE does the same thing.

The OP seemed to be saying that OE's Attach button puts the text in the
body of the message where it can be seen while composing the message.

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments