Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > HELP: Inherited User Control Loses ViewState

HELP: Inherited User Control Loses ViewState

Spam Catcher

Hi all,

I have a CustomUserControl class which inherits from UserControl.

I have ASCX which inherits from CustomUserControl (instead of UserControl).

Child controls on CustomUserControl lose their viewstate! But when I switch
the 'inherit' line back to UserControl, viewstate works as expected.

My CustomUserControl class is merely a shell at the moment.

So why does Viewstate break when I extend UserControl? I've saw a couple
messages on Google Groups but there doesn't seem to be any resolution.

Any know of a way to extend UserControl?

--
Stan Kee ((E-Mail Removed))

Boycott StarForce!
http://www.glop.org/starforce