Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Membership Services Problem

Membership Services Problem

Wayne Wengert

I am trying to add some profiles to an ASP.NET 2.0 application that uses the
membership services login control. I created a Sub for
Public Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
EventArgs)

But that event never fires. The new registration information is getting
recorded in aspnetdb_Membership, apnetdb_users and MemberInfo tables so I
know the user is being created. Also, if I put a break in the

Protected Sub CreateUserFinished(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardNavigationEventArg s)

event I can see that that event fires?

Any ideas on why the "CreatedUser" event never fires?

Wayne

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=

Wayne much easier to use the ide select the control and the events from the
dropdownlists in the code editor.

Protected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles CreateUserWizard1.CreatedUser

End Sub
Good Luck
DWS

"Wayne Wengert" wrote:

> I am trying to add some profiles to an ASP.NET 2.0 application that uses the
> membership services login control. I created a Sub for
> Public Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> EventArgs)
>
> But that event never fires. The new registration information is getting
> recorded in aspnetdb_Membership, apnetdb_users and MemberInfo tables so I
> know the user is being created. Also, if I put a break in the
>
> Protected Sub CreateUserFinished(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardNavigationEventArg s)
>
> event I can see that that event fires?
>
> Any ideas on why the "CreatedUser" event never fires?
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wengert

Interesting. I actually deleted the sub and recreated it as you suggested
but it still never fired. Then I manually added the "Handles..." phrase and
now it fires.

Thanks for the help. I don't understand why the IDE creates the sub without
the handles phrase?

Wayne

news:(E-Mail Removed)...