Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > new Google Bar for FireFox

Reply
Thread Tools

new Google Bar for FireFox

 
 
wc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-02-2005
What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
Translator will come in handy for me.

W
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Old Gringo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-02-2005
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 03:20:11 GMT, wc wrote:

> What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
> about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
> working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
> Translator will come in handy for me.
>
> W


I use the appropriate extensions to do all the tricks the Google
Toolbar dose. Saves on real estate.
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
Freedom For The World 10/1/05 10:51:13 PM
http://www.nuboy-industries.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gwtc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-02-2005
wc wrote:

> What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
> about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
> working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
> Translator will come in handy for me.
>
> W

Are you talking about this Google Bar: http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/

If so, then "be aware that the program collects some information on
your Web surfing. Some people are OK with this; some are not. Be sure
to read the privacy policy before you decide on Google Toolbar." --
Kim Komando, America's Digital Goddess:
http://www.komando.com/shareware.asp
 
Reply With Quote
 
wc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-02-2005
gwtc asked:
>Are you talking about this Google Bar:

http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/ <

Yes, that's the one. It's very useful to me. I am aware that it
collects "data" . . . but this old devil didn't exactly fall off a
Christmas Tree. If I want to look at a certain web site without the
nosy Ms. Google snooping in my biz, well then, I just go to the OPERA.

WC
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Wolgamuth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-02-2005
It just so happens that on 02 Oct 2005, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) was seen
getting all uppity in alt.fan.mozilla as evidenced by the following:

> gwtc asked:
> >Are you talking about this Google Bar:
> >http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/ <

>
> Yes, that's the one. It's very useful to me. I am aware that it
> collects "data" . . . but this old devil didn't exactly fall off a
> Christmas Tree. If I want to look at a certain web site without the
> nosy Ms. Google snooping in my biz, well then, I just go to the OPERA.


Actually, I just installed this toolbar, and it notifies you at install
and gives you the option of providing data or not providing data to Google
for pagerank purposes.

--
Jonathan Wolgamuth [jonwolgamuth(at)gmail(dot)com]

"I'm unique, just like everybody else"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dale Brisket
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2005
Well, I took Google off the handy links on my home page, so I must like it.
Musn't I?

"wc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LlI%e.353408$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the general opinion of the Google Bar for FireFox? It will do
> about everything but find your Missing Aunt Tilly . . . and they're
> working on that. I like the "fill in" and spell checker especially.
> Translator will come in handy for me.
>
> W



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firefox google search bar searches google.de Abso Firefox 3 01-06-2005 10:55 PM
disable title bar, status bar, and address bar of a window Matt HTML 9 08-23-2004 07:49 PM
javascript to disable the title bar, status bar, and address bar of a window Matt Javascript 9 08-23-2004 01:23 PM
Re: disable title bar, status bar, and address bar of a browser window John Hann ASP .Net 0 08-21-2004 05:07 AM
disable title bar, status bar, and address bar of a browser window Matt ASP .Net 0 08-21-2004 03:50 AM



Advertisments