Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Membership Provider

Membership Provider

=?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlMaQ==?=

I have a perfectly working aspnet v2 website on my local machine with the
following connection strings:
<connectionStrings>
<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;
AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;
User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;
User
Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|ASPN ET.mdf"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
/>
</connectionStrings>

when i upload it to my remote web host with SQL 2000, it doesnt work. I
called the support and said just
restore the database. i use sql server mgmt studio but it wont restore or
attach the dbs. DO i need a sql 2005
server on the remote to able to attach the sqlExpress. do i need to copy
each tables (I tried and it give s error).

i have a simpler pages develop using access mdb drag and drop located in the
app_data folder and it is working like magic.
i am used to asp.net 1.x where even there is some code needed, i have the
sql server ready even without the
app_data folder and just connect direct to sql 2000. Is there something
wrong in how i utilize the
above connection string or the app_data folder? How can i deploy the
aspnetdb.mdf on my remote sql 2000
only capable web host so i can use the new membership features in v2? I
have some aspnet 2 books and all samples
work except no sample on deploying to a remote server.
Can someone please enlighten me with my ignorance? thanks a lot.

Parag C Mehta

Hi Denn,

You need Sql 2005 for dynamic database attachment ("Registration") to the
server.

Best Regards,
Parag.

"DenniLi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a perfectly working aspnet v2 website on my local machine with the
> following connection strings:
> <connectionStrings>
> <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data
> Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;
> AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;
> User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
>
> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data
> Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;
> User
> Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|ASPN ET.mdf"
> providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
> />
> </connectionStrings>
>
> when i upload it to my remote web host with SQL 2000, it doesnt work. I
> called the support and said just
> restore the database. i use sql server mgmt studio but it wont restore or
> attach the dbs. DO i need a sql 2005
> server on the remote to able to attach the sqlExpress. do i need to copy
> each tables (I tried and it give s error).
>
> i have a simpler pages develop using access mdb drag and drop located in
> the
> app_data folder and it is working like magic.
> i am used to asp.net 1.x where even there is some code needed, i have the
> sql server ready even without the
> app_data folder and just connect direct to sql 2000. Is there something
> wrong in how i utilize the
> above connection string or the app_data folder? How can i deploy the
> aspnetdb.mdf on my remote sql 2000
> only capable web host so i can use the new membership features in v2? I
> have some aspnet 2 books and all samples
> work except no sample on deploying to a remote server.
> Can someone please enlighten me with my ignorance? thanks a lot.

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=

Denili,

You need to import your database to the ISP database and change your
connection strings so they point to the ISP database. Your ISP should have a
help page on the connection strings.

Good Luck
DWS

"DenniLi" wrote:

> I have a perfectly working aspnet v2 website on my local machine with the
> following connection strings:
> <connectionStrings>
> <add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data
> Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;
> AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;
> User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
>
> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data
> Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;
> User
> Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|ASPN ET.mdf"
> providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
> />
> </connectionStrings>
>
> when i upload it to my remote web host with SQL 2000, it doesnt work. I
> called the support and said just
> restore the database. i use sql server mgmt studio but it wont restore or
> attach the dbs. DO i need a sql 2005
> server on the remote to able to attach the sqlExpress. do i need to copy
> each tables (I tried and it give s error).
>
> i have a simpler pages develop using access mdb drag and drop located in the
> app_data folder and it is working like magic.
> i am used to asp.net 1.x where even there is some code needed, i have the
> sql server ready even without the
> app_data folder and just connect direct to sql 2000. Is there something
> wrong in how i utilize the
> above connection string or the app_data folder? How can i deploy the
> aspnetdb.mdf on my remote sql 2000
> only capable web host so i can use the new membership features in v2? I
> have some aspnet 2 books and all samples
> work except no sample on deploying to a remote server.
> Can someone please enlighten me with my ignorance? thanks a lot.

Membership permissions after publishing an ASP.NET Membership site. Tino Donderwinkel ASP .Net 2 06-18-2008 08:16 AM
Membership or Role Provider // Provider Model // Factories .. How does MS do it? sloan ASP .Net 1 07-03-2007 08:17 PM
Deploying 2.0 app on a Service Provider .. Membership Provider sloan ASP .Net 5 06-03-2006 11:20 PM
Sql Membership provider spp ASP .Net 0 10-19-2005 04:21 PM
Help setting up SQL Express as Membership Provider (ASP.NET 2.0 beta 2) Nate Hekman ASP .Net 0 04-25-2005 05:33 PM

Advertisments