Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Hotmail via Thunderbird ??

Hotmail via Thunderbird ??

The Invisible Man

Hi

I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.

I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
access my 2 using Outlook Express.

I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
through but get denied access.

Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
semi IT literate but the more detail the better.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hugh

gwtc

The Invisible Man wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
> but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
>
> I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
> access my 2 using Outlook Express.
>
> I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
> through but get denied access.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
> semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
> Hugh

already answered here:
news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

Ian Anderson

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The Invisible Man wrote:
>
>> I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
>> but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
>>
>> I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
>> access my 2 using Outlook Express.
>>
>> I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
>> through but get denied access.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
>> semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>>

>already answered here:
>news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)
- did not match any documents.
--

Ian

Hendrik Maryns

Ian Anderson uitte de volgende tekst op 2/10/2005 4:48:
> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>The Invisible Man wrote:
>>

>>>I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
>>>but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
>>>
>>>I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
>>>access my 2 using Outlook Express.
>>>
>>>I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
>>>through but get denied access.
>>>
>>>Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
>>>semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>>>

>>already answered here:
>>news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

> Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)
> - did not match any documents.

It does here.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

gwtc

Ian Anderson wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>The Invisible Man wrote:
>>

>>>[snip]
>>>

>>already answered here:
>>news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

> Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)
> - did not match any documents.

try installing the message ID finder: http://messageidfinder.mozdev.org/

The Invisible Man

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

I have finally given up trying to view my little used Hotmail account in
TB and have set up a Yahoo email address to supply to entities I do
not trust to keep my main address private. Yahoo are happy to give pop3
access in exchange for me getting a weekly email from them.

Hugh

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Ian Anderson uitte de volgende tekst op 2/10/2005 4:48:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> already answered here:
>>> news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

>> Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)
>> - did not match any documents.

> It does here.

Ian Anderson

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:17:26 -0700, gwtc
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ian Anderson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>already answered here:
>>>news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)

>> Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$(E-Mail Removed)
>> - did not match any documents.

>try installing the message ID finder: http://messageidfinder.mozdev.org/

Thanks for your help. That fixed it.
--