Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sort Firefox bookmark folders?

Sort Firefox bookmark folders?

Avalanche

I have bookmarks in many different folders. I see how to sort
bookmarks by name in a given folder, using Manage Bookmarks.

How can I sort the list of bookmark folders by name?

This is in Firefox, which I didn't say in prior post.

Brad

Ralph Fox

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:21:10 -0400, in message
*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Avalanche wrote:

> I have bookmarks in many different folders. I see how to sort
> bookmarks by name in a given folder, using Manage Bookmarks.
>
> How can I sort the list of bookmark folders by name?
>
> This is in Firefox, which I didn't say in prior post.

Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks

You can drag and drop folders in the right-hand pane, just as you
can drag and drop bookmarks.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Avalanche

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:20:46 +0000, Ralph Fox
<(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:21:10 -0400, in message
>*<(E-Mail Removed)>, Avalanche wrote:
>
>> I have bookmarks in many different folders. I see how to sort
>> bookmarks by name in a given folder, using Manage Bookmarks.
>>
>> How can I sort the list of bookmark folders by name?
>>
>> This is in Firefox, which I didn't say in prior post.

>Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
>
>You can drag and drop folders in the right-hand pane, just as you
>can drag and drop bookmarks.

I know, but that's a slow way to sort 50 or so folders! Guess I should
clean up bookmarks. Fraid I just set them as reminders...Lord knows I
haven't been back to most of them! Many I don't even recognize!

Brad

Peter R.

Avalanche <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know, but that's a slow way to sort 50 or so folders! Guess I should
> clean up bookmarks. Fraid I just set them as reminders...Lord knows I
> haven't been back to most of them! Many I don't even recognize!

An excellent bookmark cleaner that will search all of your browser
bookmarks and test which ones are dead, and then provide you the
opportunity to remove them:

http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm

--
Peter

Is it possible to alpha-sort bookmark folders? Howard Leighty Firefox 7 01-02-2006 01:36 AM
Sort bookmark folders? Avalanche Firefox 0 10-01-2005 07:17 PM
Name sort Bookmark amber33067 Firefox 2 07-28-2004 07:14 AM
Bookmark extension or plugin for firefox. TIA roadster3043 Firefox 0 05-07-2004 04:15 AM