Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET - Beginner question

ASP.NET - Beginner question

Marc Llenas

Hello all,

I just started a minor web project and decided to do it with ASP.NET just to
get a hang of it.

So far all is good except that I'm a bit confused on how to perform the
following:
I placed a Repeater on a page. Inside the repeater I placed an HTML table.
This table will be used to display the contents of an Access table that
contains Hotels and their basic info. Now, each of this hotels can have up
to 4 certifications for environemental standards (ISO, EMAS, etc), so I have
another table linked to the main one storing hotel IDs and server paths for
the images that display the certification logos.

Using plain ASP I would create a loop to populate the hotel basic info and
within that loop another one to populate the logos for each hotel. How can I
do that in ASP.NET while using a Repeater? Do I have to nest another
repeater?. I'm getting a bit confused.

Thanks

Marc

Karl Seguin [MVP]

The nested repeater is probably the right way to go.
You can learn more on how to do it at:
http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=8#7

Karl
--