Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > free antivirus

free antivirus

NERDMANN

any free antivirus systems for mozilla?
can i use regular windoz proggys?
nerdmann

Nigel Stapley

NERDMANN wrote:
> any free antivirus systems for mozilla?
> can i use regular windoz proggys?
> nerdmann

Works fine for me (Moz & Tbird).

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.judgemental.plus.com

<reply-to will bounce>

Roger Clough

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:58:14 GMT, NERDMANN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>any free antivirus systems for mozilla?
>can i use regular windoz proggys?
>nerdmann

I use AVG free edition

Leonidas Jones

Roger Clough wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:58:14 GMT, NERDMANN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> any free antivirus systems for mozilla?
>> can i use regular windoz proggys?
>> nerdmann

> I use AVG free edition

Second that!

Lee

Tony Raven

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Roger Clough wrote:
>> I use AVG free edition

> Second that!

Thirded although I've now coughed up for the paid for version with their
new firewall included and very pleased I am with that too. Tech support
yesterday when I was configuring it to allow Exchange Server RPC and VPN
connections was virtually real time by e-mail and all the
advice/instructions was on the nail and worked first time.

--
Tony

Anon

Charani

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:58:14 GMT, NERDMANN wrote:

> any free antivirus systems for mozilla?
> can i use regular windoz proggys?
> nerdmann

AVG, Avast and Anti-Vir all work fine, and they are all free.

It's not advisable to have more than one AV program running but you
can have as many as you want on your PC.

Leonidas Jones

Tony Raven wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Roger Clough wrote:
>>> I use AVG free edition

>> Second that!
>>

> Thirded although I've now coughed up for the paid for version with their
> new firewall included and very pleased I am with that too. Tech support
> yesterday when I was configuring it to allow Exchange Server RPC and VPN
> connections was virtually real time by e-mail and all the
> advice/instructions was on the nail and worked first time.

That's good to know, I'll keep it in mind!

Lee