Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird - Windows to Linux FC4

Thunderbird - Windows to Linux FC4

Dale

I am switching from Windows to Linux FC4.
I use Thunderbird in windows and plan on using it in FC4.

Can I use my profile from windows in FC4 or will I have to start fresh.
If I can, how?

Dale

John Thompson

On 2005-09-28, Dale <dale@visualeyezNOSPAMcomDOTau> wrote:

> I am switching from Windows to Linux FC4.
> I use Thunderbird in windows and plan on using it in FC4.
>
> Can I use my profile from windows in FC4 or will I have to start fresh.

Yes.

> If I can, how?

Copy your Thunderbird profile directory from the Windows machine to your
Thunderbird profile directory on the linux machine.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Visualeyez This Marketing Solutions

Excuse the name change!!!

"John Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org...
> On 2005-09-28, Dale <dale@visualeyezNOSPAMcomDOTau> wrote:
>
> > I am switching from Windows to Linux FC4.
> > I use Thunderbird in windows and plan on using it in FC4.
> >
> > Can I use my profile from windows in FC4 or will I have to start fresh.

> Yes.
>
> > If I can, how?

> Copy your Thunderbird profile directory from the Windows machine to your
> Thunderbird profile directory on the linux machine.

I tried this, but Thunderbird will not recognise it. Asks to setup a new
profile.