Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom Attributes on ASP.NET 2.0 User Controls

Custom Attributes on ASP.NET 2.0 User Controls

=?Utf-8?B?bWF0cml4MTk3NQ==?=

Hi everybody,

I'm migrating my ASP.NET 1.1 portal to 2.0. In my previous version I had
implemented a data binding framework for the presentation layer. Basically a
property of a Business Object was automatically mapped to a user control
using custom attributes. In my code behind page I had the following
implementation:

[DataBinding(typeof(Customer), "FirstName")]
protected TextBox txtFirstName;

Beside DataBinding I have also several more features that rely on custom
attributes.

Question: Is there a way in ASP.NET 2.0 to still make usage of custom
attributes on user controls?

Thank you.