Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Compiling/Running so slow with VS2005

Compiling/Running so slow with VS2005

Ben Fidge

Can anyone shed some light on why compiling and running web-apps is so slow
in VS2005. I have a solution with 3 web-apps, 20 or so library projects and
several winforms apps. All in all it totals about 150,000 lines of C#.

I've only just converted this to VS2005 project but am frustrated with the
following:

- VS2005 insists on compiling all projects when I press F5 to run an
application even though no code has changed in the other projects
- With VS.Net 2003, pressing F5 resulted in more or less instant running of
the app. In VS2005 it takes serveral minutes to build and run

Is there any settings that make VS2005 behave like VS.NET 2003 when it comes
to web-application compilation and running?

Thans

Ben

Ben Fidge

Answered my own question. For anyone interested, ticking the "Onlyt build
startup projects and dependencies on Run" tick box under Options->Projects
and Solutions->Build and Run seems to do the trick

Ben

news:(E-Mail Removed)...