Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Wierd Warnings: mailSettings modification results in many web.config messages

Wierd Warnings: mailSettings modification results in many web.config messages

VB Programmer

When I change my "from" and "host" I get a slew of web.config messages...

Here's the mailsettings...
<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="(E-Mail Removed)">
<network host="mail.mydomain.com" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

The 101 web.config messages are: "Could not find schema information for the
element...."

I even changed the settings back and these warnings persist.

Any ideas why????

=?Utf-8?B?RFdT?=

Programmer,

Looks exactly like mine without the password and userName in the network
element. Here's my tip works on my vs2005 standard and enables intellisence
in the web.config file.
Find the following in your config file
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
and change it to this
<configuration>
Remember to change it back when your done.

Good Luck
DWS

"VB Programmer" wrote:

> When I change my "from" and "host" I get a slew of web.config messages...
>
> Here's the mailsettings...
> <system.net>
> <mailSettings>
> <smtp from="(E-Mail Removed)">
> <network host="mail.mydomain.com" />
> </smtp>
> </mailSettings>
> </system.net>
>
> The 101 web.config messages are: "Could not find schema information for the
> element...."
>
> I even changed the settings back and these warnings persist.
>
> Any ideas why????

VB Programmer

Changing it simply to <configuration> worked!

Is it necessary to have the xmlns link? What is it used for? Necssary?

Thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...