Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to create pop up tasks in the style of Outlook Web Access?

How to create pop up tasks in the style of Outlook Web Access?

wil

A familiar behavior seen in Outlook Web Access is mini-browser windows
that pop up telling the user a task is due for completion or an
appointment is coming up. I'm looking for ideas on how this is done. I
would assume the process is something like this...
1) A SQL call is generated every five minutes or so, saying "Select all
tasks owned by this user where due date is less 24 hours away."
2) Outlook Web Access then takes the results of the SQL call and
formats them into html and presents them in a javascript pop up window.

But I'd like more detail, particulary any ideas from anyone who may
have implemented a similar concept. Is there a module for sale that
does this? I'm designing with dot.Net - using VB and C#.
Thanks!