Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Where are Mozilla Favorites Stored?

Where are Mozilla Favorites Stored?

PT

WinXP & IE6 stores them in a subfolder of Documents & Settings. I've looked
in the obvious places in Program Files for the Mozilla favorites so I can
more conveniently rearrange and edit them. No luck so far. Suggestions
welcome

--
PT

gwtc

PT wrote:

> WinXP & IE6 stores them in a subfolder of Documents & Settings. I've looked
> in the obvious places in Program Files for the Mozilla favorites so I can
> more conveniently rearrange and edit them. No luck so far. Suggestions
> welcome

Mozilla stores its bookmarks, preferences, Mail, address book,
settings, etc, in a directory called your Profile. Only IE uses
Favorites whereas Mozilla's are called bookmarks, and they are all
stored within one file called bookmarks.html. This file can be edited
with any html editor.

I don't know which Program you're using, Mozilla the Suite, or Mozilla
Firefox, but to find your Mozilla the Suite's Profile see this:
http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

And to find your Firefox Profile see this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

One important note: Your Profile is hidden. To find out how to
unhide window files, then see this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...iddenfiles.asp

Good luck!!!!

Skratz

PT wrote:
> WinXP & IE6 stores them in a subfolder of Documents & Settings. I've looked
> in the obvious places in Program Files for the Mozilla favorites so I can
> more conveniently rearrange and edit them. No luck so far. Suggestions
> welcome

Why did you go look in the "program files" bookmarks aren't program
files, they are user "documents & settings".

Bookmarks aren't stored as sepperate files like ie's, but are stored in
a html file. So editing them the way you want is more complex than
desired and needed.

What is wrong with the "manage bookmarks" item in the "bookmars" menu?
It probably does everything you want and more.

koolseg koolseg is offline
Junior Member

Mozilla firefox favorites are stored as html file. For WinXP and Vista check "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile" folder then open the file named bookmarks.html to see you favourites.

koool