Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can't view graphics on Firefox

Can't view graphics on Firefox

Dave Wyman

Suddenly I can't view about 1/4 of the images that should appear in
Firefox. I'm not sure I've done anything to my computer - iBook G4
10.3.9. I tried upgrading to the beta version then went back to my older
version of Firefox.

For example, cnn.com won't display the top of the page graphic, or any
other graphics at the moment, while the newyorktimes.com site shows up
fine. On pbase.com, where I have several galleries of my photos, several
images are simply blank.

However, if I hold down my mouse over the missing photo, a dialog box
appears, and the "view image" choice takes me to another web page where
the image is. If I click on the missing cnn.com graphic, I can go here:
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/...go.cnn.com.gif and
there's the image.

Is there some preference file I need to trash? Or so preference command
I need to find? Or is this a problem with my iBook? Everything else on
the computer seems to be functioning perfectly.

Thanks,

Dave

gwtc

Dave Wyman wrote:

> Suddenly I can't view about 1/4 of the images that should appear in
> Firefox. I'm not sure I've done anything to my computer - iBook G4
> 10.3.9. I tried upgrading to the beta version then went back to my older
> version of Firefox.
>
> For example, cnn.com won't display the top of the page graphic, or any
> other graphics at the moment, while the newyorktimes.com site shows up
> fine. On pbase.com, where I have several galleries of my photos, several
> images are simply blank.
>
> However, if I hold down my mouse over the missing photo, a dialog box
> appears, and the "view image" choice takes me to another web page where
> the image is. If I click on the missing cnn.com graphic, I can go here:
> http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/...go.cnn.com.gif and
> there's the image.
>
> Is there some preference file I need to trash? Or so preference command
> I need to find? Or is this a problem with my iBook? Everything else on
> the computer seems to be functioning perfectly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Try looking at Tools, Options, Web Features, and make sure that Load
Images is checked and "for the originating web site only" is
unchecked. This means that images will be coming from other
servers/websites.

Another option is make sure Javascript is checked and click on the
Advanced button, and make sure that "Change Images" is checked.

Dave Wyman

>"for the originating web site only" is unchecked" is checked.<

That was the problem!

Thanks,

Dave