Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I open a .msg file in IE

How can I open a .msg file in IE

MSDN

hello,

Need to be able to open .msg ( Outlook email file ) in IE or allow IE to
launch Outlook just like opening PDF links

Thank you,

SA

Remy

Not sure where your problem is?
Just add a link to your .msg file. Google Desktop is a good example.

Remy

MSDN

When I click on the link of my .msg file, IE does not open Outlook to open
the file.
Basically nothing happens at all.
I don't even get the dialog to OPEN or SAVE the file.
It seems that I need a Unique Mime Type for Outlook.

What do you mean by Google Desktop, I don't have it and what does it do...
Is it an ActiveX if so then that will not help me.

Thanks for any more help you can provide.

SA

"Remy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Not sure where your problem is?
> Just add a link to your .msg file. Google Desktop is a good example.
>
> Remy

MSDN

Remy,

Can you acturally try it on your machine?
just creat a link on a web page that points to a .msg file and see how it
opens it.
If it does then I like to know how you did it, what is your setup etc..
If not then you now know my problem

Thank you Remy

SA

"Remy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Not sure where your problem is?
> Just add a link to your .msg file. Google Desktop is a good example.
>
> Remy

VoltageSpike VoltageSpike is offline
Junior Member

Are you working with Outlook web access? Curious, but why do you need to open a .msg file in IE?

If all you need is a .msg or .eml file viewer, you can get one from msgviewer.com

VoltageSpike VoltageSpike is offline
Junior Member

I spent a lot of time looking for an answer to this very question. I haven't found exactly what I need yet, but as I write this, these guys are working on an add-on for IE that will display Outlook msg files.

Sorry I can't post links here yet, but looks something like
www-encryptomatic-com-msgviewer-ie-index.html