Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > 3rd party antispam plug-in for Thunderbird?

3rd party antispam plug-in for Thunderbird?

totojepast@razdva.cz

Is there any 3rd party antispam plug-in available for Thunderbird?

Thunderbird is great, but its antispam filter is quite weak.

It is possible to use some 3rd party antispam filters when they work as
a POP3/IMAP4 proxy (PopFile, SpamPal etc.), but it could be even better
to have such filters integrated into Thunderbird.

It is very sad to see some interesting antispam plug-ins for Outlook
(Cloudmark SpamNet, SpamFighter, LashBack etc.) without having any
chance to utilize them with Thunderbird.

Moz Champion (Dan)

>Is there any 3rd party antispam plug-in available for Thunderbird?
>
>Thunderbird is great, but its antispam filter is quite weak.
>
>It is possible to use some 3rd party antispam filters when they work as
>a POP3/IMAP4 proxy (PopFile, SpamPal etc.), but it could be even better
>to have such filters integrated into Thunderbird.
>
>It is very sad to see some interesting antispam plug-ins for Outlook
>(Cloudmark SpamNet, SpamFighter, LashBack etc.) without having any
>chance to utilize them with Thunderbird.

I dont respond to crossposted messages, pick one newsgroup and post

Sniper .308

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:51:03 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I dont respond to crossposted messages, pick one newsgroup and post

Ummmmm, you just did! So, you could have at least posted something
semi-intelligent or useful.

DoubleDoom

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Is there any 3rd party antispam plug-in available for Thunderbird?
>>
>> Thunderbird is great, but its antispam filter is quite weak.
>>
>> It is possible to use some 3rd party antispam filters when they work as
>> a POP3/IMAP4 proxy (PopFile, SpamPal etc.), but it could be even better
>> to have such filters integrated into Thunderbird.
>>
>> It is very sad to see some interesting antispam plug-ins for Outlook
>> (Cloudmark SpamNet, SpamFighter, LashBack etc.) without having any
>> chance to utilize them with Thunderbird.
>>

> I dont respond to crossposted messages, pick one newsgroup and post

Ignore the troll. He's made a number of posts like that today.

The inbuilt spam filter with TB 1.5 seems to work very well for me. It
seems better than earlier versions. Although that could be because it's
learnt more about what is and isn't spam from what I junked.

I don't know about any third party ones though.

David

Moz Champion (Dan)

Sniper .308 wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:51:03 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I dont respond to crossposted messages, pick one newsgroup and post
>>

>Ummmmm, you just did! So, you could have at least posted something
>semi-intelligent or useful.

It is useful to know that I dont respond to crossposts, at least from
some peoples point of view. If you want help with an item, then its
pretty simple, ask in one newsgroup, not many

pickel pickel is offline
Junior Member

Why don't you respond to crossposted messages? i don't understand.