Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Proper Case

Proper Case

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Hello All:

Deos anyone know of a simple way to convert a string to proper case?

TIA,
--
Joe

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=

Hello Joe,

There is an VbStrConv.ProperCase under the StrConv function which would seem
to be a pretty simple way to do the conversion.

--
enjoy - brians
http://www.limbertech.com

"Joe" wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Deos anyone know of a simple way to convert a string to proper case?
>
> TIA,
> --
> Joe

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5zW01DU0Rd?=

I found this on Rich Strahl's website:
http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/361.aspx.

Converts string to ProperCase in a culture sensitive manner. Seems to be
just what you need:

TextBox1.Text =
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCultu re.TextInfo.ToTitleCase(TextBox1.Text);

--
brians
http://www.limbertech.com

"Joe" wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Is it possible to do this w/o referring back to VB6 functions?
>
> --
> Joe
>

> "brians[MCSD]" wrote:
>
> > Hello Joe,
> >
> > There is an VbStrConv.ProperCase under the StrConv function which would seem
> > to be a pretty simple way to do the conversion.
> >
> > --
> > enjoy - brians
> > http://www.limbertech.com
> >

> > "Joe" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All:
> > >
> > > Deos anyone know of a simple way to convert a string to proper case?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > --
> > > Joe

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

Brian,

Thanks. I tried that eysterday, too. It works fine except it doesn't
handle things like McDonald or O'Connor. Could I have mised something in the
implementation? I use the exact code that you incldued in your last post
(from Rich's website).
--
Joe

"brians[MCSD]" wrote:

> I found this on Rich Strahl's website:
> http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/361.aspx.
>
> Converts string to ProperCase in a culture sensitive manner. Seems to be
> just what you need:
>
> TextBox1.Text =
> System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCultu re.TextInfo.ToTitleCase(TextBox1.Text);
>

> --
> brians
> http://www.limbertech.com
>

> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Brian,
> >
> > Is it possible to do this w/o referring back to VB6 functions?
> >
> > --
> > Joe
> >

> > "brians[MCSD]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Joe,
> > >
> > > There is an VbStrConv.ProperCase under the StrConv function which would seem
> > > to be a pretty simple way to do the conversion.
> > >
> > > --
> > > enjoy - brians
> > > http://www.limbertech.com

=?Utf-8?B?VEg=?=

Joe - You might want to take a look at this function. It considers names
like McDonald and O'Connor. You can also add your own exceptions.

http://www.hutchrick.com/propname.htm