Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Old controls disappear on toolbox at 2.0

Old controls disappear on toolbox at 2.0

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdw==?=

We are going to update our ASP.NET 1.1 based applications to 2.0. After I
installed VS Web Express, I immediately find the old web server controls,
such as DataGrid and data object (adapter, connection, command…) are
disappeared from toolbox.

I still can type asp:datagrid on aspx page to get DataGrid back, but the
nice design stage features are gone. You can not edit columns at design stage
through a dialog.

Is the old 1.1 server controls DLL still there? Is there someway to add old
1.1 controls back to toolbox? Are the design stage features still available
for old stuff?

I know Microsoft discourages people to use old 1.1 stuff. But the reality is
that we can not switch it at middle of development. Thanks for any help.

Shaw

As with ASP.NET 1.X, right click in your desired TAB in the Toolbox, and
choose add items, then select from the list of controls.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"Shaw" wrote:

> Thanks Peter. Do you know which DLL should be added to Toolbox, and in what
> directory I can find?
>
> Sorry to ask those basic question. Since the old web controls are default in
> 1.1, I never deed to add. Now I have trouble to find them.
> Thanks again.
>
> Shaw
>
> "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Shaw,
> > the "old" guys are still around, you just need to add them back to the
> > Toolbox if you want them.
> > Peter
> >
> > --
> > Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> > UnBlog:
> > http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

Shaw,

Right click on the toolbox area you would like to add the controls to and
select "Choose Controls" from the menu that appears. Then on the .NET tab in
the window that opens select the checkbox on any control you would like to
add to the toolbox.

I suggest adding a new toolbar area to keep the old controls in first: Right
click in the toolbox and select "Add Tab" from the menu.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche
"Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are going to update our ASP.NET 1.1 based applications to 2.0. After I
> installed VS Web Express, I immediately find the old web server controls,
> such as DataGrid and data object (adapter, connection, command.) are
> disappeared from toolbox.
>
> I still can type asp:datagrid on aspx page to get DataGrid back, but the
> nice design stage features are gone. You can not edit columns at design
> stage
> through a dialog.
>
> Is the old 1.1 server controls DLL still there? Is there someway to add
> old
> 1.1 controls back to toolbox? Are the design stage features still
> available
> for old stuff?
>
> I know Microsoft discourages people to use old 1.1 stuff. But the reality
> is
> that we can not switch it at middle of development. Thanks for any help.
>
> Shaw

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdw==?=

Thanks Peter and Justin,

I just little bit busy, and take a while to re-visit the post and see your
guy’s replies. I really appreciate your helps.

Shaw