Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > object instances when querying strings

object instances when querying strings

Carlos

Hi all,

I get: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

when trying tomdo the following:

sEvent = Request.QueryString["EventId"];

if (sEvent.Length == 0)

Response.Write("empty");

Which instance, and how is it to be created. I just want to test when the
string

is being passed with a value.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

Gabriel Magaņa

sEvent = Request.QueryString["EventId"] == null ? "" :
Request.QueryString["EventId"].ToString();