Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio Compiles when Bad Code Exists (c#)

Visual Studio Compiles when Bad Code Exists (c#)

bholland

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 project that has known bad code:

public page_load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
foorbar();
}

There is no reference to foobar() ANYWHERE.

I do a build in Visual Studio and it compiles.

When I view the page I get the usual :

The name 'foobar' does not exist in the current context

I can create a new project from scratch and I dont have this issue.

What is wrong with my project?

bholland

Small Update. I deleted all ASP.NET Temporary Files - No change.

I can right click on the page with problem and click Build and the
build will fail where it should. It looks like the build fails on the
whole project/solution.

bholland

Figured it out.

I was using master pages and was missing a </asp:content> tag. This
somehow caused the compiler to just stop processing. All code beyond
this page was NOT compiled.