Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 1.5 beta 1 - doesn't retain toolbar layout - anyone elsefind this ?

Firefox 1.5 beta 1 - doesn't retain toolbar layout - anyone elsefind this ?

false-name@false-account.net

playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...

I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
and this has been fine in previous versions...

but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts

this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed

I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

false-name@false-account.net

> playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
>
> I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
> and this has been fine in previous versions...
>
> but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
> it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
>
> this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
>
> I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
> to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...

lesson learned:
the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects

or something

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
>>
>> I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
>> and this has been fine in previous versions...
>>
>> but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
>> it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
>>
>> this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
>>
>> I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
>> to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

> belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...
>
> lesson learned:
> the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects
>
> or something

Smart Middle Click 0.2

CC

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
>>>
>>> I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
>>> and this has been fine in previous versions...
>>>
>>> but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
>>> it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
>>>
>>> this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
>>>
>>> I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
>>> to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

>> belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...
>>
>> lesson learned:
>> the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects
>>
>> or something

> Smart Middle Click 0.2

URL for FF 1.5??

Thanks

CC

false-name@false-account.net

> URL for FF 1.5??
>
> Thanks
>
> CC

er... www.mozilla.org

featured in a small block on the right of the home page

bear in mind that this is 1.5 *beta* 1