Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Yellow Textbox

Yellow Textbox

archana

Hi all,

I am new to asp.net.

I have one html page containing 4 input boxes for accepting input from
user.

When i copy same html page to aspx page to add this 4 textboxes and run
this aspx page,
i am getting background of some text boxes as yellow even if i haven't
set background.

But in html page it is not displaying background color as yellow.

Can someone tell me why this is happening.

Any help will be truely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

It's likely one of those toolbars you installed in your browser. For
example, the Google Toolbar colors fields yellow when it feels they're
elligible for auto-fill.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"archana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to asp.net.
>
> I have one html page containing 4 input boxes for accepting input from
> user.
>
> When i copy same html page to aspx page to add this 4 textboxes and run
> this aspx page,
> i am getting background of some text boxes as yellow even if i haven't
> set background.
>
> But in html page it is not displaying background color as yellow.
>
> Can someone tell me why this is happening.
>
> Any help will be truely appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Mark Rae

"archana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Can someone tell me why this is happening.

Because you've got the Google toolbar (or something similar) installed, and
have AutoFill turned on...

crazy

hi arc,
i dont know its reason,
u can avoid this by clicking an "autofill" option in ur browser and
disable it.

dont afraid ,it happend only in ur machine browser doesnt affect ur
project.
archana wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to asp.net.
>
> I have one html page containing 4 input boxes for accepting input from
> user.
>
> When i copy same html page to aspx page to add this 4 textboxes and run
> this aspx page,
> i am getting background of some text boxes as yellow even if i haven't
> set background.
>
> But in html page it is not displaying background color as yellow.
>
> Can someone tell me why this is happening.
>
> Any help will be truely appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Beegee

Hi
As said this is because of the google toolbar installed inyour computer. You
can change the settings by going to the Options --> uncheck the Auto fill

Bhuvanesh

"archana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to asp.net.
>
> I have one html page containing 4 input boxes for accepting input from
> user.
>
> When i copy same html page to aspx page to add this 4 textboxes and run
> this aspx page,
> i am getting background of some text boxes as yellow even if i haven't
> set background.
>
> But in html page it is not displaying background color as yellow.
>
> Can someone tell me why this is happening.
>
> Any help will be truely appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Kevin Spencer

As a follow-up to Steve's reply, one must be careful when developing web
applications about the sorts of "embellishments" one adds to the browser(s)
being used to test the software. As illustrated in this situation, it can
impede the ability of the tester to evaluate the end-user interface.

Personally, I tend to add nothing in the way of add-ons which affect the
browser interface, for this very reason.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP