Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > URLs in Thunderbird need to launch Firefox

URLs in Thunderbird need to launch Firefox

john

I'm running Mandrake/KDE. With the new Thunderbird 1.0.5
I got from Mozilla, if I click on a URL in Thunderbird
it launches Konqueror but I want it to start Firefox.
I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
to select Firefox.

Thanks!

Hendrik Maryns

john uitte de volgende tekst op 9/09/2005 21:02:
> I'm running Mandrake/KDE. With the new Thunderbird 1.0.5
> I got from Mozilla, if I click on a URL in Thunderbird
> it launches Konqueror but I want it to start Firefox.
> I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
> to select Firefox.

This has nothing to do with TB, you have to tell mandrake firefox is
your default browser.

--
Hendrik Maryns

==================
www.lieverleven.be
http://aouw.org

Andy J.

john wrote:
> I'm running Mandrake/KDE. With the new Thunderbird 1.0.5
> I got from Mozilla, if I click on a URL in Thunderbird
> it launches Konqueror but I want it to start Firefox.
> I looked in Edit/preferences but could not find anything
> to select Firefox.
>
> Thanks!

You need to go to Menu -> System -> Config -> KDE -> Components ->
Chooser and select the Web Browser you want to use.

If that doesn't work try KDE -> Components -> File Associations and link
the Text(HTML) type to your chosen browser (put Firefox at the top of
the list).

The last straw if all else fails (as it did for me) is to edit the
prefs.js file which on my system is down the following path:-

/home/andrew/.thunderbird/sggos7x9.default/prefs.js

You'll need to add two lines to the end of it as follows:-

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp",
"/home/andrew/firefox-installer/firefox");

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http",
"/home/andrew/firefox-installer/firefox");

Obviously you need to make the path to Firefox in these lines match your
configuration.

Andy J.