Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Brilliant Billy...just brilliant...(ASP.Net Debugging)

Brilliant Billy...just brilliant...(ASP.Net Debugging)

Zamdrist

After much gnashing of teeth and pull of hair (mine and others)...the
last piece to the myterious puzzle that is ASP.Net debugging, and
getting it to work is:

<drum roll please>

The case sensativity of <customErrors mode="Off" />...

Absolutely brilliant...MSDN documentation not only fails to mention
this minor detail, it even prvides and example using "off"...which does
not work.

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpgenref/html/gnconcustomerrorselement.htm

Nice Q&A there Billy.

Inexplicably, also...I only get intuitive error messages when I uncheck
(yes, uncheck) ASP.Net Debugging in the Project Properties.

Please excuse my sarcasm. Getting debugging to work in ASP.Net has been
a trial and a half.

sloan

Not to be a butt, but XML is case sensitive.

So ... case sensitivity is inferred, because a config file is a fancied up
xml file.

I agree they might point this out, but whenever I use Xml, I am always
case-careful.

Now, if their documentation has it wrong (the case), then, yeah, that's
different.

"Zamdrist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> After much gnashing of teeth and pull of hair (mine and others)...the
> last piece to the myterious puzzle that is ASP.Net debugging, and
> getting it to work is:
>
> <drum roll please>
>
> The case sensativity of <customErrors mode="Off" />...
>
> Absolutely brilliant...MSDN documentation not only fails to mention
> this minor detail, it even prvides and example using "off"...which does
> not work.

ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpgenref/html/gnconcustomerro
rselement.htm

> Nice Q&A there Billy.
>
> Inexplicably, also...I only get intuitive error messages when I uncheck
> (yes, uncheck) ASP.Net Debugging in the Project Properties.
>
> Please excuse my sarcasm. Getting debugging to work in ASP.Net has been
> a trial and a half.

Mark Rae

"Zamdrist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Absolutely brilliant...MSDN documentation not only fails to mention
> this minor detail, it even prvides and example using "off"...which does
> not work.

Yes - that's an error in MSDN

Zamdrist

BUTT!

Yes, that does appear to be the case (pun?). Probably should have been
something I thought of before posting my ranting diatribe...but alas
I've fuddled with getting debugging to work properly for awhile now. In
any event...I tried many things, and am going back and trying to
'break' debugging...actually learn something from this mess.

Thank you Solan & Mark