Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Publish web site

Publish web site

Wessel Troost

In Visual Studio 2003 you could publish a website, and it would copy only
the required files to the web server. In Visual Studio 2005 this option
iis gone. There is now the "Copy Website" dialog, but there I have to
specify which files to copy.

Is there still a way to conventiently publish a website?
What files should I copy?
Even the source files?

Greetings,
Wessel

Kim Quigley

Did you try the "Publish Web Site" option under the Build menu?

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.s39g5vttf3yrl7@asbel...
> In Visual Studio 2003 you could publish a website, and it would copy only
> the required files to the web server. In Visual Studio 2005 this option
> iis gone. There is now the "Copy Website" dialog, but there I have to
> specify which files to copy.
>
> Is there still a way to conventiently publish a website?
> What files should I copy?
> Even the source files?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

gerry

you don't have to specify which files to copy - Copy Websiteb has the option
to "Syncronize Site" which will update what needs updating.

as far as which files are needed - create a Web Deployment project to create
to a local disk based site, include the published site in your solution and
use "Copy Website" on that project.

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.s39g5vttf3yrl7@asbel...
> In Visual Studio 2003 you could publish a website, and it would copy only
> the required files to the web server. In Visual Studio 2005 this option
> iis gone. There is now the "Copy Website" dialog, but there I have to
> specify which files to copy.
>
> Is there still a way to conventiently publish a website?
> What files should I copy?
> Even the source files?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Wessel Troost

> Did you try the "Publish Web Site" option under the Build menu?

Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks,
Wessel