Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > MCSD training requirements

MCSD training requirements

Philippe Gingras

Greetings,

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup for my questions, but please do
not hesitate to point me in the right direction if it is not.

I actually have 2 questions...

1. I just purchased a MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit. In the system
requirements for using the kit, it is said that 'you must have two networked
computers capable of running Microsoft XP Professional Edition, Windows
2000, or later'. I understand that I need XP Pro for running the Internet
Information Server, but does 'capable of' mean that I need XP Pro or Win
2000 on the second networked computer also. Is XP Home not going to be
sufficient?

2. There is a 60-day trial of Visual Studio .net 2003 included in the kit.
Does this mean that I have only 60 days to complete the training, otherwise
I must purchase Visual Studio .net in order to complete the training? Are
there any other options, like buying the student edition of Visual Studio
even if I am not a student in a training facility?

Many thanks in advance,

Philippe Gingras