Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Uploading large files with ASP.NET 2.0

Uploading large files with ASP.NET 2.0

Munes

I have a requirement to allow authenticated users to upload large (up
to 5mb) files to a Website.

They will have the option to upload five files at a time, which could
mean a total upload of 25mb. Users will be accessing the website over
2mb broadband connections.

Is the ASP.NET FileUpload server control the most efficient way to do
this, or should I be using a Web Service and Client application to
handle the upload, or may be use FTP from within ASP.NET.

I have also seen a product for ASP.NET 1.1 by WebSuperGoo.com called
ABCUpload.Net that they claim is a more efficient way to upload large
files, has anyone had much experience with this product, and is it a
better way to handle large file uploads.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.