Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help!

Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help!

Learner

Hi there,
I have installed Sql server 2005 developer on my machine which
already has a Sql server 2000 installed on. Now i am trying to query
the Sqlserver 2005 data(Ex: from Person.Address located in
AdventureWorks database) in Sqlserver 2000 query analyzer:

When i try as
Select * from Address it said invalid object.

But when i explored AdventureWorks database in the Management studio i
see it as Person.Address!!! i don't understand what is a Person in
Person.Address??? any clues on this?

So as a test when i ran
select * from Person.Address it did work and i saw the results in query
analyzer.

Can any one help me understand about this confusion?

Thanks
-L

Marina Levit [MVP]

Firstly, I would like to point out that your question does not belong in an
ASP.NET newsgroup. It should be asked in a SQL server group.

In any case, without having played around with SQL 2005, I would think that
'Person' is the user that the table belongs to. So if you had connected to
your sql server as Person (instead of integrated authentication or whatever
other username you are using), then you wouldn't need to prefix it with
Person.

You can have more then one table with the same name in the same database if
each table belongs to a different user.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...