Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help with SQL and SESSION datatable

Help with SQL and SESSION datatable

John Cosmas

I have a session object which stores the user specific list of records
(CASES) that they are allowed to use, which comes from a global list
(collection of CASES). I need to run a SELECT which JOINs the user
records/cases with the CASE table so I can get the APPOINTMENTS, related
specifically to the user cases. My SELECT statement should resemble
something like this.

SELECT CASES.CASEID, CASES.CASENAME, CASES.CASENUMBER, APPT.DATE, APPT.TIME,
APPT.DESC FROM CASES JOIN APPT.CASEID = CASES.CASEID..... CASES.CASEID =
USERCASES.CASEID

In this case, the USERCASES come from a DIM pdatUserCases AS NEW DATATABLE =
CTYPE(SESSION("MyUserCases"), DataTable). I've not done something unusual
like this before, so I'm not so sure how I could join a DATATABLE into a
SELECT statement. The only way I know how, is to stuff the USERCASES into a
TEMP table.

Also, I thought of passing the USERCASES into an ARRAY, and somehow using
that in the SQL statement. If someone has an example, please share.

TIA
John