Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can't run ASP.NET 2.0 App

Can't run ASP.NET 2.0 App

Mike Robbins

Just installed Visual Studio .NET 2005. Created a new Web App. Added
nothing to default.aspx and simply tried to run it. Got an error.

The XML Page cannot be displayed
Invalid at the top level of the document
Error processing resource 'http://localhost:3795/Website2/Default.aspx'
Line 1...
/*
^

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Paul Henderson

> Just installed Visual Studio .NET 2005. Created a new Web App. Added
> nothing to default.aspx and simply tried to run it. Got an error.

(Re-)register ASP.NET with IIS:

aspnet_regiis -u
aspnet_regiis -i

and try again...

Mike Robbins

Thanks, Paul.

I figured it out. The PC I'm running it on doesn't have IIS installed.
But, IE was set up to go through a proxy server and it was tanking on the
port that the ASP .NET Development Server was using. So I just went into IE
and turned off the proxy server setting.

I appreciate your response.

Mike

"Paul Henderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Just installed Visual Studio .NET 2005. Created a new Web App. Added
> > nothing to default.aspx and simply tried to run it. Got an error.

> (Re-)register ASP.NET with IIS:
>
> aspnet_regiis -u
> aspnet_regiis -i
>
> and try again...

Name your fave Win app written in the last 11 years for which there IS NO cheaper or free alternative which will run on 9x-6.1, like any good 32bit app should. thanatoid Computer Support 59 10-02-2010 05:48 PM
the easiest way to convert a .net windows app to web app? tom ASP .Net 4 10-24-2008 05:57 PM
C++ App to Run in DOS and Launch Another App tempnode@gmail.com C++ 6 10-21-2008 07:47 PM
win app and web app mimi ASP .Net 1 07-29-2004 03:19 AM
Asp.net app, Unable to load dll!!, while same dll loads properly in Win form app NGM ASP .Net 0 11-06-2003 10:34 AM

Advertisments