Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird will not launch.

Thunderbird will not launch.

Rodney K Shanley

Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
program.
Where did I go wrong?

--
RodneyK

Doug G

Rodney K Shanley wrote:
> Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
> I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
> I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
> program.
> Where did I go wrong?

After restarting your computer, try double clicking the thunderbird.exe
file.

RodneyK

Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
shortcut that is the trouble.
It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
Task manager shows it is running.

"Doug G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rodney K Shanley wrote:
>> Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
>> I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
>> I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
>> program.
>> Where did I go wrong?
>>

> After restarting your computer, try double clicking the thunderbird.exe
> file.

John Thompson

On 2005-09-03, RodneyK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
> shortcut that is the trouble.
> It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
> Task manager shows it is running.

If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

RodneyK

"John Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org> wrote >
> If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
> profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

Thanx for your interrest and help John.
The profile manager did not launch, like TB.
BUT, now everything is OK, because I started TB in Safe Mode (which I had
completely forgotten about), and I found that some nincompoop, me in fact,
had installed the Tagzilla extension. I've uninstalled it and now everything
is Okeedokee.
thanks again.
--
RodneyK