Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF using old WMP interface

FF using old WMP interface

When I use FF now for clips that use WMP, ones that open a special window,
for example the ones from mlb.com on the index, it uses the old WMP
interface. This image shows what I mean,
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2451/p675lx.jpg, it uses the top, when it
should be the bottom. IE still uses the current, proper WMP. TIA.

dillinger

A wrote:
> When I use FF now for clips that use WMP, ones that open a special window,
> for example the ones from mlb.com on the index, it uses the old WMP
> interface. This image shows what I mean,
> http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2451/p675lx.jpg, it uses the top, when it
> should be the bottom. IE still uses the current, proper WMP. TIA.

You have to put firefox on wmp's shiminclusionlist:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ ShimInclusionList\firefox.exe

btw, it's a key, not a value.

"dillinger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43181319$0$32413$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> A wrote:
> > When I use FF now for clips that use WMP, ones that open a special

window,
> > for example the ones from mlb.com on the index, it uses the old WMP
> > interface. This image shows what I mean,
> > http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2451/p675lx.jpg, it uses the top,

when it
> > should be the bottom. IE still uses the current, proper WMP. TIA.
> >

> You have to put firefox on wmp's shiminclusionlist:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ ShimInclusionList\firefox.
exe

> btw, it's a key, not a value.

Thanks! That key was already there. However I upgraded to WMP10, and that
solved it. I had 9 prior. I found a a guy who had the same problem, and
there was a thread about it, at sillydog.org, it wasn't fixed for him until
he finally (reluctantly) upgraded to WMP10 as well. I found the thread
thanks to the registry location you gave.