Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to display Footer in a gridview even if there is no data bound

how to display Footer in a gridview even if there is no data bound

ibiza

Hi,

well, I'd like to know how to still display the footer of a gridview
even if there is no data bound from the db. That is because I use the
footer to put my inputs to add a new record, so I need to be able to
add records, even if there is none yet...

thanks!

sloan

While its a hack, you're probably going to have to put in a dummy row in
your DataSource.
And (maybe) hide that row.

"ibiza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> well, I'd like to know how to still display the footer of a gridview
> even if there is no data bound from the db. That is because I use the
> footer to put my inputs to add a new record, so I need to be able to
> add records, even if there is none yet...
>
> thanks!

Edwin Knoppert

There is an onemptytext row, maybe you can rewrite it's contents on render?

"ibiza" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...