Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Custom MembershipProvider Index out of bounds/machineKey

Custom MembershipProvider Index out of bounds/machineKey

Mark Olbert

I'm getting the following exception from a website that uses a custom MembershipProvider that I've written. What's bizarre is that
the exception is thrown outside my code, >>after<< the user is properly validated.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

- Mark

System.IndexOutOfRangeException occurred
Message="Index was outside the bounds of the array."
Source="System.Web"
StackTrace:
at System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.HexStri ngToByteArray(String str)

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Have locate the exact line that generate the excception? You can bound to
the process that execute your MembershipProvider in VS.NET, run your code
step by step.

Luke Zhang