Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > <<<PORT question>>>

<<<PORT question>>>

MoNoLitH

hi,using mozilla 1.7.10,on winxp,and just recently every time i start it up i get a warning from kerio stating that"mozilla is trying to connect to localhost 127.0.0.01 port 1081,if i deny it,mozilla starts fine,but when i start mozilla again the port number changes! is this normal?should i allow that connection?thanks for any advice.....

Arne

Once upon a time *MoNoLitH* wrote:

> hi,using mozilla 1.7.10,on winxp,and just recently every time i start it up i get a warning from kerio stating that"mozilla is trying to connect to localhost 127.0.0.01 port 1081,if i deny it,mozilla starts fine,but when i start mozilla again the port number changes! is this normal?should i allow that connection?thanks for any advice.....
>

> --------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
> ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
> -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Does'nt GrabIt have an option to let you wrap lines, i.e. to 72
characters per line?

--
/Arne
You will be ignored if you top post, don't quote what

Ed Mullen

MoNoLitH wrote:

> hi,using mozilla 1.7.10,on winxp,and just recently every time i start
> it up i get a warning from kerio stating that"mozilla is trying to
> connect to localhost 127.0.0.01 port 1081,if i deny it,mozilla starts
> fine,but when i start mozilla again the port number changes! is this
> normal?should i allow that connection?thanks for any advice.....

> Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for
> free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Perfectly normal for FF to connect to that IP address; it's your local
PC. Not sure of the port changing but I wouildn't worry about it. You
should tell your firewall to allow access.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Why doesn't the glue stick to the inside of the bottle?