Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net versions

ASP.Net versions

=?Utf-8?B?V2FsbHk=?=

Newbie here!

Quick question to get an overview.

I need to design my first asp.net app, sounds like customer has DNF 1.1
installed and doesn't want 2.0 on machine yet.

If I design the app in my environment to DNF 2.0/VS 2005, is it a big hassle
to port it to 1.1. All my books are 2.0 and I'm not sure what the
incompatibilities are.

Any quick pointers appreciated.

Patrice

Not using for developement what you have in production is calling for
problems. The compilation model changed, you have numerous additional
controls, new language constructs etc... so IMO it will much much easier to
just write a 1.1 application rather than writing against 2.0 and then
"down-porting" to 1.1.

I would treat this rather at an organisational level. In particular do you
know why he doesn't want to install 2.0 (you can have websites running 1.1
and others 2.0 on the same server) and when he would be ready to do so (it
could perhaps meeet your schedule).

--
Patrice

news:(E-Mail Removed)...