Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Migration to 2.0: Codebehind file must exist?

Migration to 2.0: Codebehind file must exist?

DC

Hi,

with ASP 1.1 we use "satellite" Projects to develop Usercontrols. We
then copy only the .ascx and the .dll to the actual webproject.

Trying to migrate such a project to 2.0 does not work since the
compiler complaints about the missing Codebehind .cs file.

Is it possible to use the .ascx without codefiles in 2.0?

TIA for any hint,

Regards
DC

jhcorey@yahoo.com

DC,

MS is going to put out a version of VS 2005 that will use the same
compile model as ASP.NET 1.1. I don't have the link right now --
perhaps someone else can respond.

Jim

jhcorey@yahoo.com

Here's a link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...p/default.aspx

Jon Paal

I use 2.0 without codebehind ....

"DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> with ASP 1.1 we use "satellite" Projects to develop Usercontrols. We
> then copy only the .ascx and the .dll to the actual webproject.
>
> Trying to migrate such a project to 2.0 does not work since the
> compiler complaints about the missing Codebehind .cs file.
>
> Is it possible to use the .ascx without codefiles in 2.0?
>
> TIA for any hint,
>
> Regards
> DC

Scott Allen

You could use a Web Deployment Project to pre-compile your user
controls into just a .dll, and drop the dll in the bin directory.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/re...p/default.aspx

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

On 23 Jan 2006 06:17:18 -0800, "DC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>with ASP 1.1 we use "satellite" Projects to develop Usercontrols. We
>then copy only the .ascx and the .dll to the actual webproject.
>
>Trying to migrate such a project to 2.0 does not work since the
>compiler complaints about the missing Codebehind .cs file.
>
>Is it possible to use the .ascx without codefiles in 2.0?
>
>TIA for any hint,
>
>Regards
>DC

DC

Thanks to everybody for the info. Sounds as if I had to wait for some
additional MS components.

Regards
DC