Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Sql Server login from a web application only works from browser where iis runs.

Sql Server login from a web application only works from browser where iis runs.

dyczr@bizerba.com

Hello All,

configuration:

computer_1:
IIS + Asp .Net Web App
Web.config: <authentication mode="Windows" /> <identity
impersonate="true"/>

computer_2:
SQL Server

Both machines are in a domain.

problem description:
When I access the WebApp from the same computer where the WebApp runs
averything works fine. I can access the webpage and sql queries works.

When I access the WebApp from other computer ass the IIS I can access
the WebApp but I get from SQL Server: "..login failed for user
'(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
connection.."

What is the problem?

Thanks for every hint!
radix

Damien

> Hello All,
>
> configuration:
>
> computer_1:
> IIS + Asp .Net Web App
> Web.config: <authentication mode="Windows" /> <identity
> impersonate="true"/>
>
> computer_2:
> SQL Server
>
> Both machines are in a domain.
>
> problem description:
> When I access the WebApp from the same computer where the WebApp runs
> averything works fine. I can access the webpage and sql queries works.
>
> When I access the WebApp from other computer ass the IIS I can access
> the WebApp but I get from SQL Server: "..login failed for user
> '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
> connection.."
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Thanks for every hint!
> radix

Hi,

This is a pretty common problem. Unfortunately, there's no
one-size-fits-all solution. The September MSDN Magazine had an article
which covered a lot of the issues:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...ecurityBriefs/

Hopefully you can work through that and decide what you can do.

Damien

dyczr@bizerba.com

Thanks Damien,

I see this is a very painful issue

I will switch to sql auth..

Cheers

Patrick.O.Ige

If there are on the same domain what you can do is use or create
an ASPNET acct on the domain.
And use that acct to access the DB.
I have ran into such issue so many times and doing that trick solved my
problem.
Patrick

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...