Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Where is the authentication data stored

Where is the authentication data stored

ad

I used think the authentication data of login controls is stored in Session
object.
But it wrong.
Where is the authentication data stored?

Wiktor Zychla [C# MVP]

>I used think the authentication data of login controls is stored in Session
>object.
> But it wrong.
> Where is the authentication data stored?

most probably in a cookie.

Wiktor Zychla

Mark Fitzpatrick

It should be stored in a FormsAuthentication Ticket cookie on the user's
browser. The information is then available through the
HttpContext.Current.User

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage