Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET ICallbackHandler - Script callbacks....

ASP.NET ICallbackHandler - Script callbacks....

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbFk=?=

While cruising through the script files that help to implement script
callbacks in 2.0, I noticed that there is no code path to handle a return
string that doesn't match the parsing logic - it just falls through and
nothing happens.

My scenario is this: My web app session times out/application error occurs
when I make my script callback...my application 'normally' redirects users to
the login form and/or error page (HTTP 302, etc..)...but the script callback
functions (specifically, the parsing logic in WebForm_ExecuteCallback) do not
handle any thing other than expected results (looking only for the 's' or 'e'
prefixes), nor do they check the response codes explicitly. This was easy
when using the objects 'by hand', but....

Is there a workaround for this in 2.0 callbacks (other than using my own
libraries), and has this been addressed in Atlas????

TIA,
Mike

Atlas addresses most of these issues. If you are looking for a Remote
Scripting ("AJAX") infrastructure that is lightweight and well - thought out,
to handlle this kind of requirement in the meantime, and works with both
ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0, take a look at Jason Diamond's "Anthem.Net" which can be
found at Sourceforge.net
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog: