Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Adblock Extension

Adblock Extension

Herb

How do you tell Adblock to allow a site that it is blocking out?

Thanx!

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Time Herb wrote:

>How do you tell Adblock to allow a site that it is blocking out?

Tools -> Adblock -> Preferences

Edit as desired.

**
Captain Infinity

iamu@me.com

I didn't like Adblock personally. Very weird, as it ended up blocking
everything and the text on web pages went strange colors.

Faun

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> How do you tell Adblock to allow a site that it is blocking out?

As per earlier suggestion, but also, you should download and import
FiltersetG (http://www.pierceive.com/) for AdBlock. It's a text file
which contains a heap of RegEx filters.

If you want, you can export your own filter before you import
FiltersetG. I've added one more (localized) entry to the FiltersetG,
otherwise it takes care of the rest. The web has suddenly become very ad
free.

Faun

MLC

sabato 27 agosto 2005 Faun ha scritto:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...

>> How do you tell Adblock to allow a site that it is blocking out?

> As per earlier suggestion, but also, you should download and import
> FiltersetG (http://www.pierceive.com/) for AdBlock. It's a text file
> which contains a heap of RegEx filters.

> If you want, you can export your own filter before you import
> FiltersetG. I've added one more (localized) entry to the FiltersetG,
> otherwise it takes care of the rest. The web has suddenly become very ad
> free.

Now it's even easier with the extension Adblock Filterset.G Updater:

"This is a companion extension to Adblock and should be used in conjunction
with it. This extension automatically downloads the latest version of
Filterset.G every 4-7 days. Filterset.G is an excellent set of filters
maintained by G for Adblock that blocks most ads on the internet. In
addition, this extension allows you to define your own set of filters that
you can add along with Filterset.G during an update."

https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...fo.php?id=1136

--
Maria Luisa C - 27/08/2005 10.21.05
Eleven plus two <-> Twelve plus one

Faun wrote:
> As per earlier suggestion, but also, you should download and import
> FiltersetG (http://www.pierceive.com/) for AdBlock. It's a text file
> which contains a heap of RegEx filters.
>
> If you want, you can export your own filter before you import
> FiltersetG. I've added one more (localized) entry to the FiltersetG,
> otherwise it takes care of the rest. The web has suddenly become very ad
> free.

Great resource, thanks for the pointer.

Comment on AdBlock Plus and AdBlock History Fan Firefox 3 10-30-2006 05:38 PM
block-list for firefox adblock extension Evil Bastard NZ Computing 2 10-09-2005 05:34 AM
Adblock extension? iamu@me.com Firefox 2 08-04-2005 07:52 PM
Adblock extension and Firefox Stubby Firefox 0 07-29-2005 01:15 PM
adblock keyboard toggle - firebird 0.7 w Firefox 2 02-06-2004 09:00 AM

Advertisments